IMPORTANT UPDATE REGARDING THE CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19)
At the Montgomery Museum of Fine Arts, the well being of our community and the families that we serve is our number one priority. To do our part in minimizing the spread of COVID-19, the MMFA is closed until further notice. We have also decided to cancel or postpone all Museum programs and events through at least May 16, 2020, in line with public health officials’ recommendations on social distancing. For the most up-to-date information, please read our press release.
Admission & Hours
Free Admission & Parking
Admission to the Museum is free, and parking is readily available. For a complete list of upcoming programs and events, please visit our calendar.
Tuesday–Saturday, 10 AM–5 PM
Tuesday–Saturday, 10 AM–5 PM
Tuesday–Saturday, 11 AM–2 PM
Tuesday–Saturday, 11 AM–4 PM
The Museum, Store, and Café are closed on Mondays, Independence Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year’s Day. For more specific information about Café and Store hours, please visit their respective pages.
The Montgomery Museum of Fine Arts is located in the Wynton M. Blount Cultural Park. The main entrance to the Park is on Vaughn Road, approximately one mile east of Eastern Boulevard. Upon entering the park, the Museum is situated to the right in the distance.
|Physical Address||Mailing Address|
|One Museum Drive
Montgomery, Alabama 36117
|P.O. Box 230819
Montgomery, Alabama 36123-0819
Works on View
With over 400 works on view, you should plan to spend an hour or two during your visit. If you are short on time, be sure not to miss these works chosen by our staff.
Groups & Tours
Large groups of 10 or more visitors are welcome at the Museum, but we kindly ask that you notify the Tour Coordinator in advance of your visit.
Free docent-led tours are offered on the second Sunday and third Saturday of each month. Paid docent-led tours are available for groups of 10 to 25 visitors. For more information about our tours, please click here.
Rules and Guidelines
- Do not touch the artwork, frames, bases, or anything used to protect the art. Works of art are fragile and easily damaged.
- Please make sure there are at least two feet between any work of art and you at all times.
Personal and Safety
- No weapons on Museum property.
- Visitors should wear attire appropriate to a public facility at all times. Proper footwear is required.
- Smoking, including electronic cigarettes, is prohibited on City property, including the Montgomery Museum of Fine Arts and Blount Cultural Park.
- Food, drink, and gum are not allowed in the Museum’s galleries, ArtWorks, or the Caddell Sculpture Garden.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult. The accompanying adult is responsible for the children’s compliance with visiting guidelines.
- Please change little ones in the restrooms using the infant changing stations.
- Service animals are welcome in the Museum. Please leave your pets at home.
- Visitors may only use pencils for sketching or note-taking in the galleries.
- Conduct that poses any risk to the artwork, Museum staff, or other visitors is prohibited.
- Please be considerate of others and follow the instructions of security officers.
Strollers, Bags, and Coat Closet
- Standard-size strollers are allowed in the Museum when guided by an adult. Please note that some galleries may have restricted stroller access.
- All bags, purses, and backpacks larger than 11 x 9 inches must be carried by hand. The Museum does not permit visitors to wear bags, purses, or baby carriers on their shoulders or backs.
- The Museum requires visitors to check large backpacks, umbrellas, and other bulky items.
- Bags larger than an average carry-on are not allowed in the Museum and may not be stored in the Museum’s self-check coat closet.
- The Museum reserves the right to decide what may be stored in the coat closet, based on availability.
- The Museum is not responsible for lost items.
- One adult may supervise no more than four children.
- The Museum requests advance notice for large groups (10 or more people).
- Non-flash photography and videography are encouraged for personal, non-commercial use unless otherwise noted.
- Tripods, selfie sticks, handheld microphones, supplemental lighting, and other external equipment is not permitted.
- Drones are not permitted inside the Museum or above the Museum grounds.
- Please be mindful that your photography or video activities respect the needs and privacy of other visitors and do not distract staff or volunteers from their primary duties. The Museum reserves the right to withhold and/or withdraw permission to photograph or video on its premises if it is disruptive and/or it might endanger works of art or other visitors.
Photoshoots with a professional photographer are available by reservation for $100 (fee waived for school groups). Reservations are required and should be made at least three days in advance of the shoot.
Reservation slots are available between 10 AM and 5 PM, Tuesday through Saturday, and from noon until 5 PM on Sunday. Groups wishing to take photographs outside of these hours must make special arrangements by contacting email@example.com.
Before visiting the Museum, members of the media should contact the Marketing and Public Relations department at firstname.lastname@example.org.