Detail: George Segal, Chance Meeting, 1986; full image below
All the pandemic-necessitated social distancing and quarantining of late has minimized those serendipitous moments in life where our paths cross those of beloved (and, now, much-missed!) others. With this in mind, it is our delight to welcome you back to the Museum with a phased reopening where you know there’s a likelihood of bumping into old and new friends alike.
Before Your Visit
Confirm that you are not feeling ill or exhibiting symptoms consistent with COVID-19. If you are feeling unwell or if you have answered YES to any of the screening questions, you may not enter the Museum and should seek medical care or COVID-19 testing or both.
What to Expect
- During this second phase of our reopening (beginning Thursday, October 15) the Caddell Sculpture Garden, Museum’s galleries, and Museum Store will be accessible.
- The dates of future phases—the re-opening of ArtWorks Interactive Gallery and the Museum’s café—have yet to be decided.
- Advanced registration is not required; however, in order to allow for ample social distancing, the number of visitors at any one time will be limited.
- To begin your visit, enter through the Sculpture Garden gatehouse.
- The Museum will be open Tuesday through Saturday from 10 AM to 5 PM and Sunday from noon to 5 PM. There will be no evening hours on Thursdays.
For Your Safety
- All Museum staff have their temperature taken each day and are required to wear masks.
- All Museum visitors over the age of five are required to wear a mask or face covering during their visit.
- Social distancing is encouraged and indicated by signage throughout the Garden and the Galleries. In outdoor spaces where social distancing is not possible, face masks are required.
- Following CDC and ADPH guidelines, we have increased the frequency that we clean and disinfect high-touch areas. Additionally, hand sanitizer is readily available for visitors.
- In order to limit touchpoints, water fountains have been disabled—so be sure to bring a personal water bottle to enjoy while in the Garden.