NOTICE: Garden Fun
Due to today’s weather forecast, there will be no games or activities in the Sculpture Garden (April 3).
Karen LaMonte (American, born 1967), Reclining Nocturne 3, 2016, rusted iron, Loan courtesy of Karen LaMonte
Designed with the flexibility to accommodate changing sculptural installations, the John and Joyce Caddell Sculpture Garden provides an innovative venue for experiencing art in a dynamic natural landscape. Transformed by season, time of day, and even weather, the Garden is a place where the community can gather and participate in an outdoor gallery space, a site for open-air educational programs, a unique venue for special events, or even just an inspiring space for quiet reflection on aspects of creativity revealed by art in its relationship to natural beauty.
Since its opening in the fall of 2018, the Caddell Sculpture Garden has been a source of joy, wonder and festivity as well as a calm respite from a busy world, where visitors can relax and recharge. There is something in the Garden for everyone.
This summer, families can enjoy art activities in the studios and outdoor games in the Garden. Visitors are invited to take part in art activities in our airconditioned indoor studios. In addition to art activities, families are also welcome to build with our giant lego blocks or play connect four or cornhole on the lawn.
Dates and Times
June + July
Friday and Saturday; 10 AM to 2 PM
Sunday; Noon to 2 PM
For Your Safety
- We ask that all visitors over the age of five wear a mask or face covering during their visit.
- Social distancing is encouraged and indicated by signage throughout the Garden.
- The number of visitors allowed in the studios at any one time will be limited.
- Following CDC and ADPH guidelines, we have increased the frequency that we clean and disinfect high-touch areas. All art-making materials will be sanitized between parties.
If the weather forecast indicates a 50% chance or greater of rain, all outdoor activities will be canceled. The Museum will make a weather call at 8:30 AM each day.
There is no charge for admission to the Montgomery Museum of Fine Arts or the Caddell Sculpture Garden. Ample free parking is available.
Tuesday–Saturday, 10 AM–5 PM
Sunday, Noon to 5 PM
Last entry at 4:45 PM
- Garden furniture located under the bosque canopy—the ideal place to relax or enjoy a picnic.*
- Public WiFi signal—great for casual web browsing or getting a little work done remotely.
- Service animals are welcome in the Museum. Please leave your pets at home.
- Learn more about our garden and gallery guidelines.
* Please note, food is not currently available for purchase, please pack your own picnic—and leave the beer, wine, and liquor at home.