- This event has passed.
African Diaspora Inspired Dinner
Tuesday, February 8; 7:00 PM–8:30 PM CST
The food of the African Diaspora is varied and expansive. Ancestors of enslaved people were left blueprints of history, through food that has been passed down for generations. Join us for a culinary tour of the diaspora and beyond. Culinary experience provided by Verde, proprietors Nick and Davena Jernigan.
- Shrimp and Okra Gumbo with Carolina Gold Rice
- Black-Eyed Pea Fritters with Green Tomato Chutney
- Chicken Yassa with Smashed Sweet Potatoes
- Peanut Butter Pie with Muscadine Coulis
- Sorrel Lemonade and Hibiscus Tea
Limited Seating. Registration closes on February 4 at 5 PM. Dinner is $60 per person all-inclusive. Wine and beer will be available for purchase.