Effective August 31, 2020
Montgomery Museum of Fine Arts (“MMFA,” “we,” “our,” or “us”) provides this privacy notice to describe how we collect and process the personal information of individuals who visit our website, mmfa.org (“Site”) or interact with us offline, such as through email or telephonic communications.
We collect the information you provide us through the Site and offline, including your name, address, email address, phone number, date of birth, employment information, financial information, social media information, and any other information you choose to provide. We collect this information when you create a profile on the Site, submit a membership application, apply for job opportunities, donate to MMFA, complete online forms, or interact with us for any other purpose.
We process your personal information, including for the following purposes:
- To communicate with our members;
- To fulfill member benefits and provide sponsorship opportunities;
- To confirm and process online transactions;
- To create mailing lists, including mailing lists for purchase;
- To improve the Site, including to improve the features, tools, functionality, and content available on the Site and through MMFA;
- To comply with the law; and/or
- As otherwise disclosed at the time personal information is collected.
Where we intend to process your personal information for a purpose other than the purpose for which it was collected, we will provide you with information regarding the purpose for the processing, as well as other relevant information, prior to processing your personal information for the new purpose.
We share your personal information, including the following parties:
- Third parties that perform services on our behalf, including those that carry out activities related to our membership services and events, and those that assist with our business operations, including data storage providers, software providers, employment relations providers, insurers and banking partners, and publishers;
- Pursuant to a subpoena, court order, governmental inquiry, or other legal process or as otherwise required by law, or to protect our rights or the rights of third parties; or
- With your consent or as otherwise disclosed at the time of data collection or sharing.
We may share information that has been de-identified or aggregated without limitation.
This section applies to those that visit our Site from the European Economic Area or Switzerland.
MMFA processes personal information with your consent (e.g., when MMFA processes personal information to provide goods and services you request, such as to process donations you make).
On other occasions, MMFA may process personal information when it needs to do this to fulfill a contract (e.g., to process membership applications) or where required to do this by law.
If necessary, MMFA may also process personal information when it is in MMFA’s legitimate interests to do this (e.g., for customer service and fraud detection purposes) and when these interests are not overridden by your data protection rights.
Please be aware that the personal information we collect may be transferred to and maintained on servers or databases located outside your state, province, country, or other jurisdiction, where the privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your location. If you are located outside of the United States, please be advised that we process and store personal information in the United States.
You have a right to the following:
- To request access to the personal information we hold about you;
- To request that we rectify or erase your personal information;
- To request that we restrict or block the processing of your personal information;
- Under certain circumstances, to receive personal information about you that we store and transmit to another without hindrance from us, including requesting that we provide your personal information directly to another, i.e., a right to data portability; and
- Where we previously obtained your consent, to withdraw consent to processing your personal information.
To exercise these rights, contact email@example.com. Please be aware that MMFA may be unable to afford these rights to you under certain circumstances, such as if we are legally prevented from doing so.
Additionally, you have the right to lodge a complaint against us. To do so, contact the supervisory authority in your country of residence.
We will process and store your information only for the period necessary to achieve the purpose of the storage, or as permitted by law. The criteria used to determine the period of storage of information is the respective statutory retention period or as provided in our record retention policy. After the expiration of that period, the corresponding information is routinely deleted, as long as it is no longer necessary for the fulfillment of a contract or the initiation of a contract.
Third-Party Links and Tools
We may work with third parties that collect data about your use of the Site and other sites or apps over time for non-advertising purposes. MMFA uses Google Analytics and other third-party services to improve the performance of the Site and for analytics and marketing purposes. For more information about how Google Analytics collects and uses data when you use our Site, visit https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/, and to opt out of Google Analytics, visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
The Site may provide links to third-party websites or apps, including our social media pages. We do not control the privacy practices of those websites or apps, and they are not covered by this privacy notice. You should review the privacy notices of other websites or apps that you use to learn about their data practices.
The Site may also include integrated social media tools or “plug-ins,” such as social networking tools offered by third parties. If you use these tools to share personal information or you otherwise interact with these features on the Site, those companies may collect information about you and may use and share such information in accordance with your account settings, including by sharing such information with the general public. Your interactions with third-party companies and your use of their features are governed by the privacy notices of the companies that provide those features. We encourage you to carefully read the privacy notices of any accounts you create and use.
To opt-out of our e-mail marketing, you may use the link provided at the bottom of each marketing message.
As described in this privacy notice, we may also make your personal information available to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Pursuant to California Civil Code § 1798.83, no more than once per calendar year, California residents may request that we send via mail or email: (1) the categories of personal information disclosed to those third parties; and (2) the names and addresses of those third parties. To request this information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Updating Your Information
You may review and update your communication preferences and information by contacting us through the information provided in the “Contact” section below.
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
If we decide to change our privacy notice, we will post these changes on this page. We encourage you to visit this page periodically to learn of updates.
If you have questions, comments, or concerns about this privacy notice, please contact us, in our role as data controller, at:
Montgomery Museum of Fine Arts
P.O. Box 230819
Montgomery, AL 36123