Our healthcare professionals are working diligently to keep our community safe, and to show our appreciation the MMFA has joined forces with a local Montgomery artist. The artist—who wishes to remain anonymous—is donating personal protective equipment to healthcare facilities and has asked the Museum to collect words and images of encouragement from children across the region to accompany the donation. Our goal: bring a small amount of hope, support, and thanks to our local heroes.
For the safety of all, submissions will be laminated and disinfected before being delivered to healthcare facilities.
To create original works of art that show appreciation and inspire strength in our healthcare workers and others on the front lines helping those who are battling COVID-19.
- Paper (no larger than 7 x 7 inches)
- Colored pencils, markers, crayons
- Construction paper, scissors, glue sticks
- Paints, paintbrushes, water
- Design: Look through the available materials and plan what to create.
- Suggested themes include:
- Health and safety tips
- Make: Using your chosen materials, get creative and draw/paint/collage, using different colors, shapes, patterns—whatever you want!
- Write: After finishing your creations, add words or messages of thanks and encouragement for the recipients.
Conclusion and Submission
When you’ve finished, please send your creations to the Museum, by Monday, April 13, 2020. All submissions can be mailed directly to the Museum or dropped off in the Museum’s mailbox located to the left of the main entrance directly off the parking lot.
Address packages to:
Montgomery Museum of Fine Arts
c/o We HeART our Heroes
1 Museum Drive
Montgomery, AL 36117