Installation view of About Face: Contemporary Ceramic Sculpture, 2019
- Do not touch the artwork, frames, bases, or anything used to protect the art. Works of art—including outdoor sculpture—are fragile and easily damaged.
- Please make sure there are at least two feet between any work of art and you at all times.
- No weapons on Museum property.
- Visitors should wear attire appropriate to a public facility at all times. Proper footwear is required.
- Smoking, including electronic cigarettes, is prohibited on City property, including the Montgomery Museum of Fine Arts and Blount Cultural Park.
- Food, drink, and gum are not allowed in the Museum’s galleries or ArtWorks.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult. The accompanying adult is responsible for the children’s compliance with visiting guidelines.
- Please change little ones in the restrooms using the infant changing stations.
- Service animals are welcome in the Museum. Please leave your pets at home.
- Visitors may only use pencils for sketching or note-taking in the galleries.
- Conduct that poses any risk to the artwork, Museum staff, or other visitors is prohibited.
- Please be considerate of others and follow the instructions of security officers.
Strollers, Bags, and Coat Closet
- Standard-size strollers are allowed in the Museum when guided by an adult. Please note that some galleries may have restricted stroller access.
- All bags, purses, and backpacks larger than 11 x 9 inches must be carried by hand. The Museum does not permit visitors to wear bags, purses, or baby carriers on their shoulders or backs.
- The Museum requires visitors to check large backpacks, umbrellas, and other bulky items.
- Bags larger than an average carry-on are not allowed in the Museum and may not be stored in the Museum’s self-check coat closet.
- The Museum reserves the right to decide what may be stored in the coat closet, based on availability.
- The Museum is not responsible for lost items.
- One adult may supervise no more than four children.
Caddell Sculpture Garden
- Recreational equipment, including but not limited to, bicycles, skateboards, scooters, and rollerblades are not permitted in the Garden. No sporting equipment, please.
- Picnics are welcome in the Garden; however, beer, wine, and liquor are prohibited.
- Non-flash photography and videography are encouraged for personal, non-commercial use unless otherwise noted.
- Tripods, selfie sticks, handheld microphones, supplemental lighting, and other external equipment is not permitted.
- Drones are not permitted inside the Museum or above the Museum grounds.
- Please be mindful that your photography or video activities respect the needs and privacy of other visitors and do not distract staff or volunteers from their primary duties.
- The Museum reserves the right to withhold and/or withdraw permission to photograph or video on its premises if it is disruptive and/or it might endanger works of art or other visitors.