The strength of our community is on full display during this time of social distancing, doing our part to stay apart. April is National Autism Awareness Month, and although the MMFA has cancelled our annual Arts for Autism, we still want to celebrate and gather support for members of our community living on the spectrum.
To celebrate those on the spectrum by creating a work of art that incorporates the color blue, the color for Autism Awareness Month.
Submit Your Work
After you have finished creating your blue masterpiece, take a picture and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org—bonus points if you’re in the photo wearing blue too! Submitted photos will be added to the gallery below as a show of community support for those on the spectrum!
The following is a list of government, non-profit, community, and individuals who were scheduled to be at our annual Arts for Autism event.
- Autism Society of Alabama
- Auburn University Regional Autism Network
- Alabama Department of Mental Health
- DATS MOM
- Alabama Department of Rehabilitation Services (including Children’s Rehabilitation Services)
- Ericka Powell, Attorney at Law, specializing in Special Education Law
- Smith Center (Autauga Western Elmore ARC)