- This event has passed.
November 20, 2021 at 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Artist Market returns in-person to the Montgomery Museum of Fine Arts on Saturday, November 20 from 10 AM to 4 PM, just in time for holiday shopping! Set against the backdrop of the Museum’s grand Rotunda and the Lowder Gallery, the Market brings local artists and community members together, allowing for good ole fashioned face-to-face connections and in-person purchases.
Along with some familiar faces from previous Artist Markets—such as painter George Taylor, jewelry maker Queen Opulence, textile artist Winki Allen, and glass artist Gloria Simons—there will be several artists new to the event, like painters Toni Toney and Milton Madison, photographer Mark Dauber, and multi-media artist Peggy Raines—showcasing the best of the River Region’s diverse art scene. With price points for every budget and one-of-a-kind artwork in a variety of media, there is truly something for everyone.
Goods to expect: traditional and contemporary paintings, sculptures, and ceramics; unique metal, gemstone, and leather jewelry; artisan purses and felted figurines; notecards and prints on paper—and so much more!
Museum members get a first look at Artist Market, on Friday, November 19 at a preview event from 5:30 to 8 PM, featuring complimentary hors d’oeuvres and cash bar offerings. For more information on becoming a MMFA member or to renew your membership ahead of the event, please visit the link below.
Artist Market 2021 is made possible by the generous support and dedication of lead sponsor AL Power Foundation, sponsors Gene and Ray Ingram and Margaret and Jimmy Lowder with additional support provided by co-sponsors Confero, Mary Lil Owens and Bill Little, and Renasant Bank.
- AUM and ASU Student Art
- Brooks Barrow, stone sculptures
- Camilla Armstrong, oil and acrylic paintings
- Carol Pugsley Jones, oil paintings
- Carole Bandy Carson, oil and acrylic paintings
- Christopher Greenman, clay
- Donna Pickens, encaustic, clay, and mixed-media arts
- Enid Probst, mosaics
- George Taylor, oil paintings
- Gloria Simons, stained glass
- Helen Shields, glass and fiber arts
- Janice Dennis, fiber arts
- Jo Taylor, clay
- Joan Dilaura, oil paintings
- Joanne Staley, jewelry
- Judy Walton, oil paintings
- Kay Jacoby, acrylic paintings
- Linda Lee, oil paintings
- Maria Freedman, paper arts
- Mark Daduber, photographs
- Milton Madison, watercolor and acrylic paintings
- Pacrates Asbel, acrylic and oil + cold wax paintings
- Pam Covey, fiber arts
- Peggy Raines, acrylic paintings and clay
- Queen Opulence, metal and stone jewelry
- Randy Shoults, clay
- Shannon Anderson, digital arts
- Sharon Katona, watercolor and acrylic paintings
- Sharon Samples, digital paintings
- Toni Toney, acrylic paintings
- Tori Nicole Arts, oil and acrylic paintings
- Winki Allen, textile arts