- This event has passed.
Art and the Automobile: Cocktail Party and Silent Auction
May 13, 2022; 6:30 PM–9:30 PM CDT
Art and design—though distinct in purpose— share some common elements. For instance, line, texture, color, and space are considered in sketches before clay sculptures are fashioned, presented, and critiqued in automobile design. Models are then translated by engineers, who create precise specifications for what many car owners describe as works of art.
The Museum will host an evening in the John and Joyce Caddell Sculpture Garden featuring some of the most exquisite, vintage, and state-of-the-art cars in Montgomery and the surrounding areas to celebrate the decades-long passion of car enthusiasts, collectors, and lovers of design. If you’re a car enthusiast, collector, or simply a lover of automobile design, then plan to join the Montgomery Museum of Fine Arts for this year’s Spring fundraiser, Art and the Automobile. Tickets for the cocktail party and silent auction with automobile owners, dealers, and sponsors are $60 per person.
- 2022 Mercedes-Benz GLE
- 2022 Porsche 911 Turbo S
- 2020 Ferrari F8 Tributo
- 2020 Ferrari Portofino
- 1973 Ford Mustang Convertible
- 1971 Chevrolet Corvette
- 1967 Alfa Romeo
- 1958 Porsche 356
- 1957 Jaguar XK
- 1933 Pierce-Arrow
- 1927 Rolls Royce
- 1921 Ford Model T Speedster
In the event of inclement weather, only a limited selection of the automobiles listed above will be on view, and the cocktail party and silent auction will be moved indoors.
- Douglas Olson, Harmony IV, Enamel on Masonite
- Pappy Van Winkle 20 Year
- Porsche Track Experience at Barber Motorsports Park
- Cigar and Scotch Tasting at Sanctuary Cigars
- Macallan Double Cask 18 Years Old
- SEC Football Game: Auburn Tigers vs. Mercer Bears (September 3, 2022)
- SEC Football Game: Auburn Tigers vs. Alabama Crimson Tide (November 26, 2022)
- SEC Men’s Basketball Game: Auburn vs. TBA (Date TBD)
- SEC Football Game: Auburn Tigers vs. Penn State Nittany Lions (September 17, 2022)
- Private Dinner and Wine Pairing for Six (6) at Pepper Tree Steaks N’ Wines
- Brunch for Four (4) at Verde
- Dinner for Six (6) at Vintage Year
- Dinner for Six (6) at Ravello
- Single Barrel Gold Edition Blantons
- Dinner for Four (4) at Pêche Seafood Grill
- Use of a Historical Suite at the Biscuits Stadium, 2022 Season
- 2017 Spottswoode Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon
- 2016 Stag’s Leap Wine Cellars Artemis Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon and 2019 Cakebread Cellars Napa Valley Chardonnay
- 2014 Lyndenhurst Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon and 2015 White Rose Estate Cooperage Series Durant Vineyard Pinot Noir
- 2017 Silver Oak Alexander Valley Cabernet Sauvignon and 2016 Small Vines TBH Vineyard Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir
- Tutu School School Package for Children Ages 18 Months to 8 Years Old
Items will be available for online bidding beginning Monday, May 9. All final bids must be made in person, or someone can have a proxy bidder (friend who is attending) at the event on Friday, May 13.
Get Your Bid Number
Contact Brandy Morrison at 334.625.4365 or firstname.lastname@example.org to request a bidding number in advance of the event.
Note: All purchases are subject to 10% sales tax and must be claimed and paid for on the event night. MasterCard, Visa, American Express, and checks payable to the Montgomery Museum of Fine Arts Association are accepted. Credit card fees will be passed onto the user at a flat use fee of 3%.
Art and the Automobile Sponsors
Lead sponsorship provided by Laura and Barrie Harmon, with additional support from sponsors Baptist Health, Merrill, PowerSouth, and ServisFirst, and co-sponsors Ball, Ball, Matthews & Novak, P.A., Beasley Allen Law Firm, Dixie Plumbing, Heating, and Air, Hans Heating and Air, Harmon Dennis Bradshaw, Jernigan and Jernigan, LLC., Raymond James, Rich’s Car Wash, Rushton, Stakely, Johnston & Garrett, P.A., The Frazer Lanier Co., Troy Bank & Trust, and W.K. Upchurch Construction.
Annual Event Sponsors
Annual support for events is provided by lead sponsors Lamar and MGMWERX, with additional support from sponsors Gene and Ray Ingram and Margaret and Jimmy Lowder, and co-sponsors Confero, Mary Lil Owens and Bill Little, Renasant Bank, and Synovus Bank.
The Museum would also like to thank Alabama Power, Jud Blount (Vintage Hospitality Group), Pat and Pat Budny, Richard Conniff, Suzanne and Steve Davidson, Darlene and David Herrick, Davena and Nick Jernigan (Jernigan and Jernigan, LLC), Jack Ingram Motors, Knox Kershaw, Gage and Mark LeQuire, Cindy and Gaeton Lorino, Greyson McGowin, Bill Mitchell, Ryan Prewitt, (Pêche Seafood Grill in NOLA), Marcela and Brian Richardson, Pat Ryan (Sanctuary Cigars), Joanne and Hank Staley, and Bonnie and Bubba Waters.