The Montgomery Museum of Fine Arts Takes Precautions to Reduce the Spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19)
UPDATE | May 22, 2020
The Museum remains closed. Staff is working in preparation to welcome visitors back when it is safe to do so. When a date is determined, we will share more information here. Until that time, we hope you visit our blog and follow us on social media for our latest online activities and videos.
Visit these links for more information about COVID-19 and resources from the City of Montgomery and State of Alabama.
UPDATE | April 29, 2020
The safety of our community and the families that we serve continue to be our number one priority. As such, the Museum has preemptively cancelled all in-person programs and events through the end of the calendar year. We look forward to sharing new and innovative digital offerings that you can enjoy safely from home.
UPDATE | March 18, 2020
Dear Museum Community,
At the Montgomery Museum of Fine Arts, the well being of our community and the families that we serve is our number one priority. To do our part in minimizing the spread of COVID-19, the MMFA is closed until further notice. We have also decided to cancel or postpone all Museum programs and events through at least May 16, 2020, in line with public health officials’ recommendations on social distancing.
In the meantime, we will be looking at ways of providing virtual engagement that you can enjoy from home. For these activities as well as program and event changes, please check the website and follow along with us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. All further program and operational changes will be announced through our regular channels, including our website and social media.
We are grateful for your support of the MMFA as we collectively address the challenges that the COVID-19 crisis will continue to bring. As we all work to contain this outbreak, the Museum extends its special appreciation to those in health care, medicine, research, and other fields bravely leading the frontline response. We encourage everyone to follow the recommendations of the CDC so that we can see you back at the MMFA very soon.
UPDATE | March 16, 2020
The safety of our community and the families that we serve is our number one priority. To do our part in minimizing the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19), the Museum will be closed effective immediately (Monday, March 16) until further notice. All activities will be suspended until the Museum reopens. You can check back here for more updates as they become available.
UPDATE | March 13, 2020
Classes, Family Events, Exhibition Openings, Tours, and Private Programs and Events are Cancelled or Postponed
The Montgomery Museum of Fine Arts, as a City Department, has cancelled all events, tours, and meetings until further notice. This comes after this morning’s announcement by Mayor Steven Reed that all City of Montgomery sponsored events have been cancelled and all City venues have closed due to rising concerns about the coronavirus (COVID-19). The Museum (other than the ArtWorks Gallery) will remain open during regular business hours.
Cancelled or closed galleries, tours, and classes
- ArtWorks Children’s Interactive Gallery: Closed until further notice
- All Scheduled Tours: No tours will be scheduled through the end of March
- Advanced Placement Art History Classes: Cancelled until further notice
- Afterschool Art at Mount Meigs DYS: Cancelled until further notice
- Gallery Arts at Montgomery Therapeutic and Recreation Center: Cancelled until further notice
- Learning Through Art at Wares Ferry Road Elementary School: Cancelled until further notice
- Garden Opening on Thursday, March 19 Postponed until further notice
Cancelled individual events and programs
- Vann Vocal on Saturday, March 14
- Artful Yoga on Wednesday, March 18
- See Me on Wednesday, March 18
- Muses on Wednesdays, March 18 and March 25
- The Museum’s Film Intro at the Capri on Wednesday, March 18
- Antiquarians Meeting on Thursday, March 19
- Earth’s Heart on Thursdays, March 19 and 26
- Art After 5 on Thursday, March 19
- Adult Printmaking on Saturday, March 21
- Highlights Tour on Saturday, March 21
- Montgomery Symphony Orchestra Performance on Sunday, March 22
- Docent Training on Mondays, March 23 and March 30
- Art Ed Central on Thursday, March 26
- Art Talk on Thursday, March 26
- Junior League Event on Friday, March 27
- AAEA Teacher Workshop on Saturday, March 28
- An Afternoon with Zelda on Sunday, March 29
- Docent Council Meeting on Monday, March 30