The MMFA is a department of the City of Montgomery, Alabama, and most positions are managed through the City’s Civil Service system. Vacancies are listed as the positions become available. Please visit the City of Montgomery Personnel Site to learn more about employment opportunities.
Now accepting applications for Museum Development Officer through July 25, 2014.
Student assistantships are available to high school and college students who are interested in providing general assistance throughout the museum. Placement Available in: Education, Curatorial, Marketing, Development, and the Director’s Office.
Students are required to submit a recommendation from a teacher who would be willing to serve as the main liaison with the museum.
Student Assistants provide general office support throughout the museum. Duties include:
• Clerical work (i.e. filing, drafting letters, making phone calls)
• Assisting with program and event preparations
• Technical assistance (printing, copying, digital photography, graphic design)
Internships are available to undergraduates in a college or university who major in studio art, art history or art education, marketing, and public relations, and/or graphic design. Placement Available in:
• Written recommendation from professor, indicating willingness to support student internship as liaison with Museum staff.
• Degree work in studio art, art history, art education or marketing, preferred.
Graduate internships are available to:
• Those recently graduated from a four-year college or university, who have majored in studio art, art history, art education, museum education, public relations or marketing.
• Current graduate students or recently graduated students from a Masters program, who have majored in studio art, art history, art education, museum education, public relations or marketing.
Placement Available in:
Written recommendation from professor, indicating willingness to support student internship as liaison with Museum Staff.
Intern May Receive:
• Graduate class credit (for a minimum of 90 hrs/ semester or 75 hrs/quarter)
• Financial stipends occasionally granted, but only on an “as-available” basis.